2024 American Headache Society Resident Education Program
The American Headache Society’s 2024 Resident Education Program will be held in-person Friday, October 25 through Sunday, October 27 in Los Angeles, CA.
Faculty and residents will engage throughout the meeting in an interactive format that features lectures, small group sessions and workshops, and a friendly competition, as well as informally at combined faculty-resident meals and social events.
The Resident Education Program will:
- Provide early stage adult and pediatric neurology residents with a foundation in headache medicine education.
- Promote the exchange of information and ideas concerning the causes and treatments of headache and related painful disorders.
- Introduce residents to experienced faculty in neurologic education and headache medicine.
- Inspire a greater number of neurology residents to pursue careers in headache medicine.
Residents who participate in the Resident Education Program will be prepared to:
- Diagnose and manage patients consulting for headache conditions, including the evidence-based use of pharmacologic, nonpharmacologic, procedural, and behavioral approaches
- Differentiate where and how new therapies augment and improve the current standard of care in the acute and preventive treatment of migraine and other headache disorders
- Engage in scholarly activity about migraine (e.g. teaching, research)