MSC Travel Grants
The Migraine Science Collaborative wants to highlight the work of scientists early in their careers. Migraine is a complex disease that crosses into many specialties and therefore scientists from many disciplines can make meaningful contributions to the understanding of this syndromic condition.
The Migraine Science Collaborative Travel Grants reimburse travel expenses for those who have had their abstract for a presentation or poster accepted at a conference and are attending that conference.
There will be 12 Travel Grants per year. Those who receive a Travel Grant will have their answers to a number of questions about their work (rather than their abstract) posted on the MSC website. Travel grant recipients will also be acknowledged in the MSC monthly e-newsletter.
Value of Grant: Limited to $500 USD.
- Graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and undergraduate students.
- Applicants must have received acceptance of their poster abstract at a conference.
- Applicants must register (for free) to become a member of the Migraine Science Collaborative at: https://migrainecollaborative.org/login
- Applicants must also register (for free) for the monthly MSC newsletter at: https://migrainecollaborative.org/newsletter
- The completed application must be received 8 weeks before the conference.
- The applicant’s educational program may be in the United States or outside the United States (payment to Travel Grant award recipients based outside of the US is via PayPal).
- MSC does not provide travel grants for the Society for Neuroscience (SfN) annual meeting. Instead, those with a poster abstract accepted at SfN can apply for the MSC poster contest.
- Applicants will be informed whether or not their applications have been accepted 4 weeks before the conference.
Submit your answers to the questions below. Unlike an abstract, describe your research in language that someone with no background in your specific research topic could understand. Illustrations and tables are welcome.
After answering the questions, also submit below a CV and a letter of recommendation from your supervisor.